Important information about the Volkswagen 2.0L TDI settlement in Canada.
Please read carefully.
A nationwide settlement has been reached in Canada to benefit many owners, lesses and certain former owners and lessees (as described below). This Settlement was reached following negotiations between Volkswagen and class action lawyers for the owners and lessees, in consultation with the Commissioner of Competition in Canada. The Courts will approve amounts for legal fees and expenses to the class action lawyers. Those amounts will be paid separately and will not reduce the Settlement benefits.
If you are an eligible owner or lessee, you can claim:
• Buyback and cash or trade-in towards purchase of a replacement Volkswagen vehicle and cash OR approved emissions modification, extended emissions warranty, and cash if you owned your vehicle on September 18, 2015, and continue to be the owner;
• Approved emissions modification, extended emissions warranty, and cash if you purchased your vehicle after September 18, 2015, and continue to be the owner;
• Early lease termination and cash OR approved emissions modification, extended emissions warranty, and cash if you held a lease on your vehicle on September 18, 2015 and continue to be in your lease;
• Even if you no longer own or lease your vehicle, you may be eligible for cash
• Participate in this settlement, if approved by the courts, and make a claim for eligible benefits;
• Object to this settlement before the courts consider whether to approve it, and attend the approval hearing if you want to;
• Exclude yourself (opt out) from this settlement, in which case you will not be eligible to receive any benefits. You must take steps to exclude yourself from this settlement if you do not wish to participate in the settlement, and wish to preserve your legal rights against Volkswagen. To opt out or object, click here.
Please contact us or follow the links below for more information.